Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
You can bake this barbecued chicken in the oven or on your outdoor grill. Either way, it should be covered while cooking.
- Preheat oven to 375° or prepare a grill (brush the grill grate lightly with oil).
- In a large bowl, stir together all ingredients except the chicken.
- Reserve 1/3 cup of the barbecue sauce and set aside.
- Add the chicken to the remaining sauce in the bowl, turning to coat.
- Arrange the coated chicken in a roasting pan or on the grill.
- Cook (covered), for 40 to 45 minutes or until cooked through, basting with the reserved 1/3 cup sauce after 20 minutes. If oven roasting, cook uncovered for the last 15 minutes.
- Note: I like to make dishes like this with Release foil for easier cleanup.
Glad to see someone has posted this recipe for a delicious sweet smoky BBQd chicken with a mild lingering heat! One of my favorite ways of making barbecued chicken since I first had this about a year ago at some friends' house. I have made this recipe several times since then & keep the sauce on hand for chicken and pork (chops). I also discovered it is good for BBQd Chicken Livers (if you happen to like chicken livers... I DO)! I have submitted my version for doing chicken livers using their bbq sauce... "BBQ Chicken Livers... ala the Deen Brothers". There are MANY very good BBQ sauces to explore & so little time to do that exploring; it becomes more challenging when there are several sauces that are special REPEAT favorites! Just keep indulging at every opportunity!
This was a really good barbeque chicken, especially for someone like me that doesn't have a grill. I'll definitely make it again this summer. I did bake the chicken for almost an hour, only because I had two large thighs w/the drumstick attached and one large breast. I'll definitely make this again this summer. Thanks for the recipe.
This is quick and easy with satisfying results. I have the feeling this tastes better grilled (everything does), but it browned nicely and was succulent when oven baked. Thanks, Scoutie.