Prep 25 mins
Cook 45 mins
A hopeful quest to not let leftovers go to waste after 2 Thanksgiving sit downs.
- 3 tablespoons your preferred oil
- 1 -2 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups celery, chopped
- 2 -3 large fresh carrots, diced
- 1 large diced tomatoes
- 1 cup fresh spinach, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups rice, uncooked (NOT instant)
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen green peas, thawed
- fresh sage, to taste
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup water, optional if needed
- 4 -6 cups turkey broth or 4 -6 cups chicken broth
- 5 cups cooked turkey, diced
- Heat onions and garlic in oil until they are tender.
- Pour in broth, water, carrots, celery and rice, some of each of sage, salt, pepper, spinach heat medium bubble bubble 15 minutes.
- Add peas, rest of sage , spinach cook for a while.
- Add turkey and tomato when rice is cooked.
- Adjust everything to your taste, most recipes call for wimpy amounts of veggies, rice etc. I think soup should be chunky.
I agree if I wonted to eat stock i'd drink a glass,I like my soups that put some meat on my bones!