1/7 Photos of The Dagwood Muffuletta Torte
A hearty sandwich that makes a great meal for the entire family. Especially as a game night treat. We have even made them using a 5" mini springform pan to serve just the two of us.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 32 ounces frozen bread dough, thawed (2 loaves)
- 20 ounces frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 1 (14 ounce) jar artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 (12 ounce) jar marinated roasted red peppers, drained (strips)
- 6 ounces pitted ripe olives, drained
- 1 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 8 ounces salami, thinly sliced
- 8 ounces provolone cheese, thinly sliced
- 8 ounces cooked ham, thinly sliced
- 1 egg (plus 1 tbsp water to make an eggwash)
- 1Cut 1 bread loaf in half crosswise. Roll onto a lightly-floured surface into a 10-inch circle. Cover, and set aside.
- 2Press together remaining 1 and 1/2 dough loaves, and roll out onto a lightly floured surface into a 12- inch circle. Fit dough into a 9" springform pan, allowing edges to overhang.
- 3Press spinach and red pepper strips between layers of paper towels, and set aside.
- 4In a nonstick sauté pan with a bit of oil, saute mushrooms for about 8 minutes; drain.
- 5Layer half of salami, mushrooms, and olives in dough-lined pan; top with half of cheese slices.
- 6Layer with half of the ham, spinach, pepper strips, remaining salami, remaining ham, and then artichokes. Top with remaining cheese slices.
- 7Stir together egg and water. Brush on overhanging pastry edges.
- 8Top torte with remaining pastry round. Fold overhanging edges over top pastry, crimping as necessary, and press to seal. Brush top with remaining egg mixture.
- 9Bake at 350 on bottom oven rack 30 minutes. Remove from oven, and cover with aluminum foil, if necessary, to prevent excessive browning.
- 10Bake 15 to 20 more minutes. Cool in pan on a wire rack. Remove sides of pan, and cut into wedges.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for The Dagwood Muffuletta Torte
Serving Size: 1 (232 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 274.3
- Calories from Fat 162
- Total Fat 18.0 g
- Saturated Fat 8.1 g
- Cholesterol 74.2 mg
- Sodium 801.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 20.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
frozen bread dough
marinated roasted red peppers