Recipe by GefM
This is the recipe straight from Cuba! A great summertime/anytime drink! A real pick-me-up! I like mine with 1 fresh lime wedge. It will only take about a minute or 2.
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 fluid ounce lime juice
- 2 mint sprigs
- 2 -3 ice cubes
- 2 fluid ounces white rum
- 6 dashes Angostura bitters
- 13 1⁄2 fluid ounces club soda
- 1 -2 lime wedge (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Add sugar and lime juice into a tall glass and stir.
- Add mint sprigs and muddle a few seconds (even a wooden dowel will work if you don't have a pestle).
- If you want a fresh lime wedge add now and crush the wedge with the pestle.
- Add ice cubes.
- Pour in the rum.
- Add about 6 dashes of bitters.
- Pour in the club soda (watch, the soda will fizz over the top if you're not carefull).
- Stir with a straw or swizzle stick. A straw might be preferable to keep from sucking up the mint leaves that float at the top.
- Stir as needed when drinking.