Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is such a wonderful salad dressing and one of my favorites. Be sure and chill for at least an hour for flavors to develop. Serve over mixed greens.
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon finely crumbled feta cheese
- In small bowl, combine sour cream, mayonnaise and Parmesan cheese and set aside.
- Mash garlic and salt together until it forms a paste.
- Add to sour cream mixture along with black pepper.
- Whisk in remaining ingredients.
- Store covered, in refrigerator.
Another delightful Zaar salad dressing. It's the many wonderful recipes like this that keep me from ever buying bottled any more. Except for the feta cheese I used all low-fat ingredients and it still came out tasting creamy.
This was a lovely creamy dressing, I omitted the feta, just because i didnt have it to hand and served it over Romaine lettuce, Definately let it sit for a while for the flavours to meld.