Recipe by chef victoria #2
This recipe is a copy cat from Luby's restaurants. It makes the creamiest mac and cheese I have ever had!!
Top Review by DisasterInTheKitchen
We had this tonight, and even though there were plenty of other dishes to go around this entire dish disappeared between only 5 people! That says a lot for a Mardi Gras meal full of other cajun goodies. This is JUST like from Luby's and if you're a fan of mac n cheese period, then this will be the best you've ever had!! Seriously!!! THANKS SO MUCH!
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons flour
- 2 -2 1⁄2 cups milk
- 8 ounces Velveeta cheese
- 10 ounces elbow macaroni
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter is a sauce pan over medium heat.
- add flour and stir creating a roux.
- Whisk in milk slowly.
- Whisk sauce untill thick and smooth.
- add velveeta in small chunks.
- mix untill all the cheese is melted.
- boil macaroni in slightly salted water.
- add cheese sauce to cooked macaroni.
- add salt and pepper to taste.
- bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minute.
- * This recipe does not have to be baked. You can eat it right out of the pot. *.