Cooking the noodles in milk, then baking them with three cheeses produces sublime, if caloric, results in this recipe from the Pasta Information Centre. This was printed in the Toronto Star a few years ago.
- In a large heavy saucepan, bring milk, water, onion and salt to boil.
- Stir in macaroni, simmer, partially covered, over medium low heat 8- 10 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.
- Remove saucepan from heat.
- Stir in cream cheese, cheddar and swiss cheese, worcestershire, mustard and pepper until smooth.
- Add cream.
- Pour mixture into greased 11 x 7 inch casserole.
- Sprinkle with parmesan.
- Bake 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes.