Recipe by Allyoop
Cooking the noodles in milk, then baking them with three cheeses produces sublime, if caloric, results in this recipe from the Pasta Information Centre. This was printed in the Toronto Star a few years ago.
Top Review by Lori Mama
Interesting way to prepare this casserole. Enjoyed it very much and easy to put together. Loved the swiss cheese flavor. Next time I will double the seasonings, because even though we enjoyed it, I believe it needed a bit more punch. :)
- 2 1⁄2 cups milk
- 2 cups water
- 1⁄4 cup onion
- 2 cups macaroni
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 1 cup shredded old cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded swiss cheese
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup light cream
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large heavy saucepan, bring milk, water, onion and salt to boil.
- Stir in macaroni, simmer, partially covered, over medium low heat 8- 10 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.
- Remove saucepan from heat.
- Stir in cream cheese, cheddar and swiss cheese, worcestershire, mustard and pepper until smooth.
- Add cream.
- Pour mixture into greased 11 x 7 inch casserole.
- Sprinkle with parmesan.
- Bake 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes.