Prep 5 mins
Cook 6 hrs 30 mins
This is one of my favorite crock pot recipes. The sauce is rich and creamy, almost like an alfredo. It is perfect over pasta or even rice. Be sure to make extra bread sticks to dunk in this delicious sauce! I prefer a richer sauce, so I use cream cheese instead of sour cream. I like to dice up the chicken into bite-sized pieces, but it's good either way. Enjoy!
- 4 -6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope dry onion soup mix
- 1 cup sour cream or 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- Place chicken in a greased slow cooker.
- Mix remaining ingredients, EXCEPT sour cream or cream cheese, and pour over chicken.
- Cover and Cook on High heat for 4 hours or Low heat for 6-8 hours.
- 30 minutes before serving, stir in sour cream or cream cheese.
- Serve over pasta or rice.
This turned out great with my modifications. I used only half a pkg onion soup mix. If I had of used the whole thing it would have been WAY too salty for our taste. I used cream of mushroom soup, and 1/2 pkg cream cheese which seemed to work out well. Over all it was really yummy over egg noodles and very easy to prepare. I cooked for only 4 hours on low and the chicken was cooked perfectly. Any longer I think the chicken would have dried out. I'd make this again.. thanks for posting!
This recipe was edible, but I was disappointed. After reading the reviews I had very high expectations, but I found this dish to be to salty and it had way too much onion flavor. Instead of saving the leftovers we threw them away, which never happens in this house. I might make this again and follow some of the other suggestions, but probably not.
This was delicious! I only used two boneless breasts, but left everything else the same so I'd have lots of sauce for my rice. The chicken was done in just 4 hours on low, and I used sour cream. I'll try the cream cheese next time - and with this recipe there will be many next times for me!