Melissa Spangler's Note:
These crackly and chocolatey cookies are similar to the ones my mother would buy from Delmont Pastries in Baton Rouge for holidays when I was a child. From Allrecipes.com
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a double boiler or microwave oven, melt the chocolate and butter and stir together; set aside to cool.
- 2Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour 2 cookie sheets.
- 3In a large bowl, mix the eggs and sugar on high speed of an electric mixer for 2 to 3 minutes.
- 4On low speed, add the melted chocolate mixture and vanilla while mixing. Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt; fold into the egg mixture with a large spoon.
- 5Stir in the nuts, and let the batter rest for 5 minutes.
- 6Drop dough by tablespoonfuls onto the prepared cookie sheets. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes. Cookies should spring back to touch.
- 7Remove cookies to wire rack to cool.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for The Cookies That Thinks It's a Brownie
Serving Size: 1 (36 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 157.4
- Calories from Fat 89
- Total Fat 9.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 31.5 mg
- Sodium 52.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 14.2 g
- Protein 2.3 g