Recipe by Dawn
I call this sandwich the "Continental" because it has English Muffins, Canadian Bacon, and American Cheese. This is a great sandwich to serve during football games or a lazy day supper.
- 4 English muffins (split)
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄2 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 12 slices Canadian bacon
- 4 slices American cheese
- 4 slices green peppers
Directions See How It's Made
- Spread softened butter on muffins.
- Melt remaining tablespoon of butter in pan and sauté mushrooms and onions until tender.
- Place 3 slices each of Canadian bacon on top of 4 Muffins.
- Then top with 1/4 of mushroom and onion mixture.
- Place a cheese slice and green pepper ring on remaining 4 pieces of English Muffins.
- Do not put sandwiches together, but place each half on a cookie sheet and broil until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Then place halves together and enjoy.