Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Finally found the legendary, infamous recipe for NY's Club 21 burger! This is the burger you dream about...perfection. I dare you!
- 2 lbs ground sirloin or 2 lbs beef
- 2 tablespoons Crisco (or 4 TBS duck fat)
- 1 teaspoon ground fennel
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh rosemary, minced
- 1 whole egg
- 4 tablespoons onions, minced
- In a mixing bowl add the beef, Crisco or duck fat, fennel, cayenne pepper, ground pepper, thyme, rosemary, egg and onion.
- Mix until all ingredients are incorporated evenly.
- Divide the beef mixture into four, 8-ounce burgers.
- Pack and shape them tightly.
- On a hot grill place the burger and cook for approximately 4 1/2 minutes on each side for a medium rare temperature (cook longer for a more well-done burger if desired.)
- Serve on a bun.
Skipped the egg and cooked em' on the George Foreman. Super tasty! My mom and dad loved these. Will make them again!