Recipe by Nif
This is an easy casserole with lots of options. I found it on the side of a box of Stove Top Stuffing. There is also an option to make it vegetarian. Pay attention to the veggie options because there are a total of 4 options - it was the best way I could list them. It's really good and I hope you enjoy!
Top Review by Studentchef
This is a great recipe when you want to use up alot of vegetables. I made this with the stewed tomatoes, 2 cups fresh cauliflower florets, and the white button mushrooms. I added basil and oregano for the seasoning. Really great, and flavourful vegetarian meal.
- 1 (6 ounce) package Stove Top stuffing mix, your favourite kind
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 3 tablespoons plain flour
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken breasts, boneless, skinless or 1 1⁄2 lbs steak, cubed or 1 1⁄2 lbs pork chops or 1 1⁄2 lbs simulated ground beef
- 3 cups broccoli florets or 2 cups zucchini, sliced and 1 chopped red pepper or 3 cups mixed vegetables, fresh, cut-up or 1 cup mushroom, sliced and 2 cups broccoli florets and 1 19 oz can Italian stewed tomatoes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme or 1 teaspoon basil or 1 teaspoon rosemary or 1 teaspoon oregano
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F Prepare stuffing as directed on package; set aside. Gradually add milk to flour in medium microwaveable bowl, while beating with a wire whisk, until well blended. Microwave on high for 4 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes. Add cheese, vegetables and seasoning; mix well. Set aside.
- Cook meat in hot oil in a large ovenproof nonstick skillet (or put in casserole dish when done) until browned on both sides. Pour cheese sauce evenly over meat; top with prepared stuffing.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes until heated through.