Prep 6 mins
Cook 0 mins
You want it GOOD?
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 8 ounces good quality bittersweet chocolate
- 3⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt (scant)
- Chop chocolate into small shards with a serrated knife. Put in bowl with the powdered sugar.
- Heat milk and 2 Tbs of the butter in saucepan to boiling.
- Pour the hot cream over the chocolate to melt and combine (this works better than putting the chocolate and sugar into the cream as you get fewer lumps).
- Return to saucepan over VERY low heat and stir to melt. Finish by adding the other 2 Tbs of butter, the vanilla, and the scant pinch of salt.