Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 30 mins
This is a copy cat recipe from a place that takes their food seriously.
Make and share this The Chocolate Moose Chicken Wild Rice Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 1 large leek, chopped
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 large carrots, minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup wild rice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 quarts chicken stock
- 3 cooked chicken breasts, cubed
- 2 large red potatoes, cubed
- 1 cup white wine or 1 cup nonbitter beer
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup flour
- 1 quart heavy cream
- 1 red bell pepper, minced
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- To make soup: In large soup pot, saute leeks, celery and carrots in olive oil until leeks are tender. Add wild rice, ground pepper and chicken stock. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat. Simmer for 40 minutes. Add chicken breasts, potatoes and white wine or beer to chicken stock mixture. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- To make roux: Meanwhile, melt butter in small saucepan. Gradually add flour, stirring so it doesn't lump. Cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, for 5 to 10 minutes. Remove from heat. Gradually pour in cream, stirring with wire whisk. Stir until smooth.
- To finish soup: Remove soup from heat. Add roux to soup pot, stirring vigorously. Return soup to heat. Bring just to a boil, stirring often. Remove from heat. Stir in minced red pepper and fresh parsley.