I was sifting idly through ingredients in my fridge one morning, when Divine Inspiration or something like it struck, and I came up with the most winning combination of ingredients, ever: Smoked Gouda and Bacon...and then I made an omlette. You can customize it in any way you like; adding different types of cheeses, meats, vegetables, minerals...there are myriad possibilities. I like it simple.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Firstly, fry up your bacon until it's crispy, in a frying pan set on medium heat.
- 2Remove from pan. (If you're health conscious, or you just don't like to eat grease, pat the bacon with a paper towel to remove some of the grease.) After it's cooled, crumple into smallish pieces and set aside.
- 3Dump most of the grease out of the pan, but reserve about a tbsp or so in which to cook the eggs.
- 4Crack the two eggs in a separate bowl and whisk with milk, salt, and pepper until a bit frothy. (The milk makes the omlette fluffier, but isn't necessary).
- 5Pour into the pan. Top with the smoked Gouda and bacon.
- 6Cook until the bottom of the omlette (the part in contact with the pan) has become a light shade of brown, then attempt to flip one side of the omlette over, folding it in half.
- 7Continue frying until the eggs are cooked through and the cheese is nice and melted.
- 8Put it on a plate, and enjoy.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for The Childerz Smoked Gouda and Bacon Omelette
Serving Size: 1 (81 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 366.5
- Calories from Fat 274
- Total Fat 30.5 g
- Saturated Fat 12.4 g
- Cholesterol 372.5 mg
- Sodium 619.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 20.4 g