Recipe by childerz
I was sifting idly through ingredients in my fridge one morning, when Divine Inspiration or something like it struck, and I came up with the most winning combination of ingredients, ever: Smoked Gouda and Bacon...and then I made an omlette. You can customize it in any way you like; adding different types of cheeses, meats, vegetables, minerals...there are myriad possibilities. I like it simple.
Top Review by Jeffsmom
This is fabulous -- something so simple yet so delicious! I can't believe I never tried this myself before. I made this twice over the weekend. This is a must try, but please make sure to use smoked gouda; it's just not the same with regular. Thanks for the posting!
- 3 slices bacon
- 3 -4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon milk (optional)
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1⁄2 cup smoked gouda cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Firstly, fry up your bacon until it's crispy, in a frying pan set on medium heat.
- Remove from pan. (If you're health conscious, or you just don't like to eat grease, pat the bacon with a paper towel to remove some of the grease.) After it's cooled, crumple into smallish pieces and set aside.
- Dump most of the grease out of the pan, but reserve about a tbsp or so in which to cook the eggs.
- Crack the two eggs in a separate bowl and whisk with milk, salt, and pepper until a bit frothy. (The milk makes the omlette fluffier, but isn't necessary).
- Pour into the pan. Top with the smoked Gouda and bacon.
- Cook until the bottom of the omlette (the part in contact with the pan) has become a light shade of brown, then attempt to flip one side of the omlette over, folding it in half.
- Continue frying until the eggs are cooked through and the cheese is nice and melted.
- Put it on a plate, and enjoy.