1/6 Photos of The Chicken à La King
You will love this recipe; it brings Chicken à la King up a notch. You can prepare it the day before, refrigerate and heat it in the microwawe before serving.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless chicken breasts
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped rosemary
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 red pepper, cut in cubes
- 1/4 cup light cream
- 1Cut the chicken breasts into 1/2-inch cubes.
- 2In a 12-inch skillet, heat the 4 teaspoons of olive oil over medium-high heat.
- 3Add the cubed chicken, garlic, celery and the chopped onion; cook, stirring, until the chicken pieces are golden brown, about 8 minutes.
- 4Stir in the 1/3 cup flour and cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. While stirring, gradually pour in the milk, sherry and chicken broth, and stir to blend.
- 5Stir in parsley, paprika,poultry seasoning,rosemary, salt and pepper. Bring the mixture to a boil and cook, stirring occasionally, until thickened, 7 to 10 minutes. Taste to adjust seasoning.
- 6Meanwhile, in another skillet, sauté red pepper cubes in butter; add to chicken; stir in the cream.
- 7Serve on patty shell, over rice or on toasts.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for The Chicken à La King
Serving Size: 1 (438 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 513.0
- Calories from Fat 243
- Total Fat 27.0 g
- Saturated Fat 9.1 g
- Cholesterol 129.9 mg
- Sodium 365.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 41.1 g