Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Need dinner in a flash? Find the chicken in the herb garden!
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 1 purple onion, diced
- 5 cloves garlic, sliced
- 6 sage leaves, torn
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 lb angel hair pasta
- salt and pepper
- 1 dash parmesan cheese
- Cook angel hair according to package instructions.
- Melt butter in a large skillet on medium heat.
- Add garlic and onion and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add chicken breasts and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Add chicken broth and wine.
- Bring just to a boil, reduce heat to a simmer.
- Add all of the herbs and lemon juice.
- Allow to simmer for 10-15 minutes until chicken is done.
- (I usually start cutting chicken into bite sized pieces when it is 3/4 done) Place pasta in a serving bowl, add chicken and sauce.
- Toss to coat.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper and parmesan cheese.
- Serve with bread and a veggie for a complete meal.
I just didnt have all ingredients on hand but it ended up real great!
I definitely didn't read this recipe carefully before I made it. I was expecting a sauced chicken breast topping a bed of angel hair. Instead it was cut-up chicken in top ramen soup. If that's what you're looking for then this is the dish for you. Top ramen is even faster. And cheaper.