Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
I made this recently as a test-run for the holidays and found it to be one of the best cheescakes I have made and I have made many over the years, I am so happy to have this recipe given to me! I did increase the brown sugar to 3 tablespoons in the crust and also increased the white sugar slightly for the filling, just personal taste.
Top Review by hollyjean76
Taste was fantastic! However, mine came out way too soft. I tried baking it more but to no avail...served soggy cheesecake to my playgroup moms. I'm not sure if it was the foil or my oven that caused the problem but I ended up freezing it and finishing it off it that way. Yummy. Next time I'm going to try putting it in muffin tins for individual servings.
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 3⁄4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup crispy crushed gingersnaps
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup whipping cream, unwhipped
- 24 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups pumpkin puree
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ginger powder
- 3⁄8 teaspoon clove
- 1⁄3 cup pecan halves
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 350 degrees (300 degrees for convection-bake oven).
- Prepare a 10-inch springform pan.
- To make the crust; in a bowl place the melted butter with graham cracker crumbs, crushed gingersnaps, brown sugar and cinnamon; mix with a fork until combined.
- Line bottom and side with parchment paper or wax paper, then spray with nonstick spray.
- Press the mixture into the bottom of the pan.
- For the filling; pour the whipping cream into a medium bowl and beat just until soft peaks form; refrigerate until ready to use.
- In a bowl beat the cream cheese with electric mixer until fluffy; gradually add in sugar, beating well until combined.
- Add in eggs one at a time and beat the mixture until fluffy.
- Stir in pumpkin puree, ginger, cinnamon and cloves.
- Remove the whipped cream from the refrigerator and lightly whisk to reblend.
- Using a spatula or a flat spoon fold in the whipped cream into the cream cheese-pumpkin mixture.
- Pour the mixture into preapred crust.
- Wrap one continuous sheet of heavy foil around the springform pan then press firmly against the pan.
- Place the wrapped pan in a baking pan and fill with hot water to halfway up the spring form pan.
- Bake for 60-70 minutes.
- Cool the cheesecake to room temperature, the chill for at least 5 hours or until the cake is thoroughly chilled.
- Remove the sides of the springform pan.
- Just before serving place the pecan halves on top of the cheescake in a ring around the edges.