Recipe by Michele7
From www.TopSecretRecipes.com I don't know where I got this pumpkin cheesecake recipe. I have made this cheesecake around Thanksgiving, when the pumpkin spices are calling! It is the same as Todd Wilbur's Top Secret recipe.
Top Review by SeattleSean
I worked at a Cheesecake Factory in Kansas and this IS the recipe but they put in 1 tsp instead of 1/2 tsp of cinnamon. They also make the crust and put it into the pan and chill it overnight. This is my favorite cheesecake recipe they have, followed by oreo cheesecake...which you can find here on recipezaar as well. Hope this helps! ~Sean in Seattle
- 1 1⁄2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup sugar, plus
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- whipped cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Make the crust by combining the graham cracker crumbs with the melted butter and 1 T sugar in a medium bowl.
- Stir well enough to coat all of the crumbs with the butter, but not so much as to turn the mixture into paste.
- Keep it crumbly.
- Put foil partway up the outside part of an 8-inch springform pan.
- Press the crumbs onto the bottom and about two-thirds of the way up the sides of the springform pan.
- You don't want the crust to form all of the way up the back of each slice of cheesecake.
- Bake the crust for 5 minutes, then set aside until you are ready to fill it.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the cream cheese, 1 C sugar, and vanilla.
- Mix with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Add the pumpkin, eggs, cinnamon, nutmeg and allspice and continue beating until smooth and creamy.
- Pour the filling into the pan.
- Bake for 60-70 minutes.
- The top will turn a bit darker at this point.
- Remove from the oven and allow the cheesecake to cool.
- When the cheesecake has come to room temperature, put it into the refrigerator.
- When the cheesecake has chilled, remove the pan sides and cut the cake into 8 equal pieces.
- Serve with a generous portion of whipped cream on top.