Recipe by Caryn
This cheese log is the biggest hit at church gatherings. A recipe that is requested often.
- 1 lb Velveeta cheese, refrigerated
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- garlic salt
- cayenne pepper
- 3 -4 green onions, minced
- 1 can black olives, chopped
- 1 can green chili, chopped
- 1⁄2 jar olive, chopped
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, blend the mayonnaise, sour cream, and cream cheese together until smooth; set aside.
- Roll out the Velveeta into an 11x15-inch rectangle.
- Spread the mayonnaise mixture evenly over the rolled Velveeta (not all the way to the sides).
- Sprinkle with garlic salt and cayenne pepper.
- Layer the onions, black olives, green chilies, salad olives, and pecans on top of the mayonnaise mixture.
- Fold one side of the Velveeta over.
- Put your serving tray on top, then flip your cheese log over onto the tray so that no seam shows.
- Spread on crackers.
- Great with salsa too.