Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is the only cheese ball that I know of that people in our town love - I heard that it is so well loved that at one time it was even given as Christmas gifts! From what I understand the old coach/PE teacher at the high school is the one who started this thing.
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) packet dry onion soup mix
- 1 (14 ounce) can black olives, sliced
- 2 cups colby-monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, roughly chopped
- cracker, for serving
- Mix the sour cream and dry onion soup mix together.
- Add the cream cheese and mix until this mixture is smooth.
- Drain the black olives and slice them.
- Add the black olives and shredded colby jack cheese to the sour cream and cream cheese mixture.
- Mix well - use your hands!
- Form into whatever shape you like - a ball is traditional.
- Roll in the chopped pecans or pat the pecans onto the outside of the shaped cheese.
- Serve with crackers - Club crackers are the traditional choice, but also good with Ritz, etc.