Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This sauce will make you say, "ME-OWWWWWW!" with it's citrus and spice! It's easy to throw together, but beware the wasabi and red pepper flakes! Gato and I like it HOT! Be sure to adjust the "heat" to your family's taste.
- 1 cup lemon juice, fresh
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce (we use low sodium)
- 2 -3 tablespoons wasabi paste
- 3 tablespoons pickled ginger, chopped
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2-1 lb fresh ahi tuna, sushi grade
- Mix all ingredients.
- Allow to refrigerate, if time allows, so flavors will marry.
- Bring to room temperature for serving, if time allows.
- Pre-heat saute pan or griddle to very hot.
- Sear tuna for 20-30 seconds on all sides.
Delicious. Made it w/out the wasabi since I had just a little left and wanted to serve it on the side. Easy and tasty with the ahi and also with the gyoza we had with it. Thanks.