I haven't cooked this recipe (I've had it though), but found a postcard tucked in a cookbook with the recipe on it; I got the postcard when I dined at The Cannery in Vancouver BC back in 1979. I don't even know if the restaurant is still there! We had these as an appetizer then, but it could also be a main course for 2.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large skillet, over medium-high heat, heat up the oil.
- 2Add mussels to pan, then pour wine over.
- 3Cover and steam just until mussels open.
- 4Remove cover and add prosciutto, lemon zest and saffron to the skillet.
- 5Add both cream and butter to the skillet, stir, and cook until the liquid is reduced and sauce thickens; stir occasionally.
- 6With a slotted spoon, remove mussels to 4 warmed soup plates (or 2 plates if using as a main course).
- 7Taste sauce and add salt and pepper if you wish; pour over mussels and serve with some great bread for dunking in the sauce.
Browse Our Top Mussels Recipes
Nutritional Facts for The Cannery's Mussels
Serving Size: 1 (214 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 283.4
- Calories from Fat 155
- Total Fat 17.2 g
- Saturated Fat 7.2 g
- Cholesterol 78.3 mg
- Sodium 492.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 20.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: