Prep 25 mins
Cook 40 mins
I found this on a recipe card at the local health-food store. It gets its name from the ginger it uses which is commonly regarded as a "clever" spice... :)
- Clean the carrots and grate them finely. Add grated ginger and lemon peel.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C Grease a spring form.
- Divide the eggs. Cream egg yolks with 2 tbs warm water and the honey. Add cinnamon and bread crumbs as well as the carrot mixture and the hazelnuts.
- Beat the egg whites. Fold under dough.
- Fill the dough into the spring form and bake for approximately 40 minutes.
- Let cool for 20 minutes and then spread with icing.
Definitely something different, & don't get me wrong ~ We thoroughly enjoyed this interesting dessert, even if it's not like most cake I've had (Well, it IS frosted, but still . . .)! Loved the flavor from the ginger & lemon AND the cinnamony icing! Well, worth making again, for sure! [Recipenapped & made in the Vegetarian/Vegan Recipe Swap 23]