I found this on a recipe card at the local health-food store. It gets its name from the ginger it uses which is commonly regarded as a "clever" spice... :)
- Clean the carrots and grate them finely. Add grated ginger and lemon peel.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C Grease a spring form.
- Divide the eggs. Cream egg yolks with 2 tbs warm water and the honey. Add cinnamon and bread crumbs as well as the carrot mixture and the hazelnuts.
- Beat the egg whites. Fold under dough.
- Fill the dough into the spring form and bake for approximately 40 minutes.
- Let cool for 20 minutes and then spread with icing.