Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I got this out of AllYou magazine and I just love it!
- 1360.77 g lean ground chuck
- 4.92 ml salt
- 2.46 ml pepper
- 8 hamburger buns, split, toasted
- 141.74 g crumbled blue cheese
- 78.07 ml mayonnaise
- 59.14 ml sour cream
- 2.46 ml red wine vinegar
- 118.29 ml frank's red hot sauce
- 44.37 ml unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 4.92 ml honey
- 236.59 ml thick blue cheese dressing
- Combine chuck, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Gently blend with a fork. Use moistened hands to form 8 3/4-inch-thick patties.
- In a small bowl, combine cheese, mayonnaise, sour cream and vinegar until blended. In a separate small bowl, stir together hot sauce, butter and honey until blended.
- Grill or broil burgers over moderate heat (about 5 inches from heat source) on one side for 5 minutes. Carefully turn and cook on other side for about 4 minutes for medium-rare burgers. Toast buns. Spread 1/2 tablespoons blue cheese mixture on bottom of buns and top each with a burger. Spoon hot sauce mixture on top, drizzle with dressing, top with remaining bun half and serve immediately with assorted toppings, if desired.