1/2 Photos of The Broads' and the Bonn's White Trash Breakfast Pizza
Pot Scrubber's Note:
This is a collaboration of the team "8 Broads and a Brawn Bonn" for the 'Zaar World Tour II Pizza Challenge. If you like leftover cold pizza in the morning you might like this even better.
My Private Note
pizza s ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (13 ounce) container pillsbury prepared pizza crust
- 5 tablespoons flour
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1/2 lb bulk pork sausage, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup Canadian bacon, diced
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 3 cups cheddar cheese
- 5 eggs
- 1 (6 ounce) box Stove Top stuffing mix (we used sage flavored)
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 1Spread pizza dough into a pizza pan or cookie sheet and press up the sides. Bake according to package directions.
- 2Prepare ingredients so they are ready to assemble into a pizza.
- 3Cook the sausage, bacon, and dice the Canadian Bacon.
- 4Chop the onion.
- 5Grate 3 cups of Cheddar cheese.
- 6Slightly beat the eggs with the seasoning packet from the Stove Top and soak in the stuffing mix to soften a bit. Then scramble the mixture til eggs are set.
- 8To make the gravy/sauce:.
- 9Melt the butter in a sauce pan over medium heat.
- 10When it is sizzling, add the flour and whisk well until there are no dry clumps.
- 11Let this gently bubble for 2 minutes or so, but do NOT let it begin to brown. This will remove the starchy taste from the flour.
- 12Remove from heat and slowly pour in the milk and cream and whisk very well til smooth.
- 13Return to burner and heat on medium until it is thick. (It will be much thicker than what you would ordinarily make a gravy to be. But it needs to be in order to sit on top of the crust instead of getting absorbed into it).
- 14Season with salt and pepper to taste. (keep in mind that there are a lot of salty ingredients in a pizza so use a light hand when salting).
- 15---------------------------------------Assemble the pizza:.
- 16Spread 1 cup gravy/sauce mixture on prepared crust.
- 17Sprinkle one cup cheddar cheese on top of gravy.
- 18Next evenly distribute egg/stuffing mixture.
- 19Spread another cup of gravy over eggs.
- 20Sprinkle Canadian bacon, pork sausage, and bacon next.
- 21Sprinkle remaining two cups of cheddar.
- 22Top with chopped green onions and chopped basil and bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for The Broads' and the Bonn's White Trash Breakfast Pizza
Serving Size: 1 (210 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 540.2
- Calories from Fat 331
- Total Fat 36.8 g
- Saturated Fat 19.6 g
- Cholesterol 220.9 mg
- Sodium 767.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 27.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
prepared pizza crust