Recipe by Pot Scrubber
This is a collaboration of the team "8 Broads and a Brawn Bonn" for the 'Zaar World Tour II Pizza Challenge. If you like leftover cold pizza in the morning you might like this even better.
Top Review by ~Nimz~
I really tried to like this recipe, but the traditional sage flavored stove top stuffing threw everthing else off for us, flavor wise. I would have liked a more egg texture, even though I used 7 eggs instead of the 5 called for. Maybe using half of the stuffing mix would have helped. I would also suggest that you bake it longer than the stated 15-20 minutes.
- 1 (13 ounce) containerpillsbury prepared pizza crust
- 5 tablespoons flour
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole milk
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half cream
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 lb bulk pork sausage, cooked and crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup Canadian bacon, diced
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 3 cups cheddar cheese
- 5 eggs
- 1 (6 ounce) box Stove Top stuffing mix (we used sage flavored)
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Spread pizza dough into a pizza pan or cookie sheet and press up the sides. Bake according to package directions.
- Prepare ingredients so they are ready to assemble into a pizza.
- Cook the sausage, bacon, and dice the Canadian Bacon.
- Chop the onion.
- Grate 3 cups of Cheddar cheese.
- Slightly beat the eggs with the seasoning packet from the Stove Top and soak in the stuffing mix to soften a bit. Then scramble the mixture til eggs are set.
- To make the gravy/sauce:.
- Melt the butter in a sauce pan over medium heat.
- When it is sizzling, add the flour and whisk well until there are no dry clumps.
- Let this gently bubble for 2 minutes or so, but do NOT let it begin to brown. This will remove the starchy taste from the flour.
- Remove from heat and slowly pour in the milk and cream and whisk very well til smooth.
- Return to burner and heat on medium until it is thick. (It will be much thicker than what you would ordinarily make a gravy to be. But it needs to be in order to sit on top of the crust instead of getting absorbed into it).
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. (keep in mind that there are a lot of salty ingredients in a pizza so use a light hand when salting).
- ---------------------------------------Assemble the pizza:.
- Spread 1 cup gravy/sauce mixture on prepared crust.
- Sprinkle one cup cheddar cheese on top of gravy.
- Next evenly distribute egg/stuffing mixture.
- Spread another cup of gravy over eggs.
- Sprinkle Canadian bacon, pork sausage, and bacon next.
- Sprinkle remaining two cups of cheddar.
- Top with chopped green onions and chopped basil and bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes.