1/1 Photo of The Brits Inspire Iceland - Stilton (Or Blue) Cheese Sauce
IMHO the Brits have occ gotten a bad rep for their cuisine, but there's no doubt they have a well-deserved rep for their signature cheeses (Stilton & Blue). Altho it arguably competes w/the *Seafood Cellar* for the honor of being the top-rated seafood restaurant in Iceland, *Prir Frakkar* (Three Coats) Restaurant would be my personal choice & 1 of its featured dishes is a salmon fillet w/a Stilton (or Blue) cheese sauce that is just outstanding. This could not be easier to fix. It was adapted to suit our preferences as my copycat version that begins w/a simple marinade & ends w/a Brit-inspired Stilton (or Blue) cheese sauce. (Times do not include the marination time)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the Marinade
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 lemon (Juice of)
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning (Optional, but I favor its use)
For the Sauce
- 1Whisk marinade ingredients together & set aside.
- 2Rinse & dry salmon fillets. Place fillets in dish lrg enough to hold fillets in a single layer, but w/little extra space. Pour marinade over them, turn fillets to coat evenly & refrigerate for 2 hours Turn fillets over to redistribute the marinade at 1 hr of marination time.
- 3When ready to cook fillets, preheat oven to 375°F Spray Pam (or similar product) over a Pyrex-type, oven-safe dish & bake for 15 min (or till fish flakes easily, but is still moist). Discard marinade.
- 4While fish is baking, use a sml non-stick skillet to begin making the sauce. Over med-low heat, melt the crumbled Stilton cheese in the white wine & begin adding the cream in sml amts at a time to incorporate. Continue adding cream till you achieve a desired smooth consistency. More or less cream may be used, but more vs less will prob be ideal as the sauce will thicken as it cools.
- 5When ready to serve, plate the fillets & ladle the sauce over them . or serve the sauce in a pretty dish for individual use. Sprinkle a shake or 2 of lemon pepper + the chopped parsley over the fillets & garnish w/a sprig of parsley.
- 6*NOTE* ~ Prir Frakkar serves this dish w/buttered & parslied new potatoes & mixed color veggies. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for The Brits Inspire Iceland - Stilton (Or Blue) Cheese Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (323 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 637.7
- Calories from Fat 404
- Total Fat 44.8 g
- Saturated Fat 15.1 g
- Cholesterol 156.2 mg
- Sodium 575.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 52.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Old Bay Seasoning