- 1 lb fresh baby spinach leaves
- 2 -3 hard-boiled eggs, finely chopped (reserve)
- 2 -3 tomatoes, finely diced
- 4 slices bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled (reserve)
- 1 1⁄8 cups cottage cheese, small curd
- 3⁄4 cup salad oil
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon red onion, minced
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried mustard
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all salad ingredients well, reserving chopped egg & bacon. Refrigerate until serving time.
- Just before serving, toss with dressing and top with crumbled bacon & chopped egg.
- Note: If you can find cottage cheese with chives, it's better than plain. I also substitute chopped shallot for the red onion. Dressing quantity is ample. Add just enough to moisten salad and use remaining in another recipe.