Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
Oh this is so good! Not your usual bleu cheese dressing at all--this one contains NO mayo or sour cream. An excellent, elegant dressing for your salad greens, served along with a steak and baked potato. This is the house dressing as served at The Brigantine Restaurant in San Diego. http://brigantine.com/brigantine/index.html
- 8 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- 6 ounces olive oil (use a high-quality extra-virgin oil!)
- 1 ounce red wine vinegar
- 1 ounce lime juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 beef bouillon cube, crushed
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Stir, but don't beat- all ingredients with spoon until blended.
- Add sugar while blending.
- Serve well chilled; the dressing will thicken when chilled.
- (Note: cook time is chill time).
This really is very good. I halved the recipe but added a whole bouillon cube and half a clove of garlic. Great flavor!
This dressing is DELICIOUS! I love the additions of the beef bouillon and Worcestershire. I only used 3 oz. evoo but kept the rest of the ingredients the same-still turned out great! I've dressed all kinds of salads w/ this including apples-craisins-carrot salad and all were wonderful. Thank you, Becky, for a great recipe!
Wow! That's all I can say. I knew we would like this, but how much, I did not. The bouillon and worcestershire lend a subtle richness to this that you didn't even know that you were missing. Like other reviewers, I halved the oil and kept the garlic the same even though I quartered this for the two of us. I also omitted the sugar for our tastes and halved the cheese (it was perfect and plenty for us). This was so super it is going into my best of the year cookbook!