Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
There was a restaurant here a few years ago that used to be famous for their smoked whitefish dip...Smoked Whitefish is famous here in Traverse City and the surrounding area.
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 ounces smoked whitefish, flaked and bones removed
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon roasted garlic, diced
- smoked paprika
- Mix all ingredients. Adjust lemon juice and garlic to your taste.
- Put in an oven-proof dish. Sprinkle paprika on top.
- Bake at 325 degrees until warm and bubbly.
- Serve with melba rounds or toasted baquette slices.
I worked at Bower's Harbor Inn / The Bowery, and loved this dip - the slimpicity, flavor - amazing! I wanted to make it for Thanksgiving this year - what a thrill to find the true, original recipe on line! Thanks for posting it!