Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Got this from my boss. He said they're especially good while fishing on a cold morning. They are delicious with tartar sauce or on their own.
- 1 lb canned crabmeat, well drained
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup minced onion
- 1⁄4 cup minced green pepper
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 3 dashes of texas pete hot sauce
- 1⁄4 cup oil (enough to coat bottom of pan)
- Mix all ingredients EXCEPT crab meat, flour, and oil.
- Lightly toss crab meat into mixture.
- Chill 1-2 hours (this helps it to stick together when forming the cakes.).
- Form into cakes approx 2 inches wide and 1/2 inch thick.
- Put flour in a shallow dish, flip each cake to coat.
- Heat oil in frying pan or skillet.
- Cook cakes in hot oil, 2-3 min per side till golden brown.