2 hrs 20 mins
Got this from my boss. He said they're especially good while fishing on a cold morning. They are delicious with tartar sauce or on their own.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb canned crabmeat, well drained
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup minced onion
- 1/4 cup minced green pepper
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 3 dashes of texas pete hot sauce
- 1/4 cup oil (enough to coat bottom of pan)
- 1Mix all ingredients EXCEPT crab meat, flour, and oil.
- 2Lightly toss crab meat into mixture.
- 3Chill 1-2 hours (this helps it to stick together when forming the cakes.).
- 4Form into cakes approx 2 inches wide and 1/2 inch thick.
- 5Put flour in a shallow dish, flip each cake to coat.
- 6Heat oil in frying pan or skillet.
- 7Cook cakes in hot oil, 2-3 min per side till golden brown.
Browse Our Top Crab Recipes
Nutritional Facts for The Boss's Crab Cakes
Serving Size: 1 (163 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 562.7
- Calories from Fat 319
- Total Fat 35.4 g
- Saturated Fat 11.1 g
- Cholesterol 241.0 mg
- Sodium 826.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 31.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Old Bay Seasoning