1/1 Photo of The Bonini Burger
A great burger recipe that's been under development for some time, and tastes pretty fantastic at this point. I dislike the texture which comes from using eggs in burgers, so this recipe uses a small amount of bread crumbs to bind everything together instead. The spices and aromatics enhance the flavour of the beef and the mixture of oils adds a wonderful smokiness when the burgers are grilled. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/4 kg lean ground beef
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs (medium-fine)
- 3 tablespoons Lea & Perrins Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 tablespoons Dr. Pepper cola
- 2 tablespoons bacon grease
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground sage
- 1/4 large red onion (chopped finely)
- 1 large garlic clove (minced)
- 11) Measure out each ingredient and place them all into a large mixing bowl.
- 22) Mix everything together by hand, incorporating all of the ingredients together evenly. Do not overwork the meat.
- 33) Form the mixture into 6 patties about 3/4" in thickness and 4-5" into diameter. This can be done either by hand or with a mold.
- 44) Place them on a tray covered in wax paper and let them set in the fridge for about 15-30 minutes.
- 55) Cook them on a preheated, oiled grill for about 5-10 minutes per side, depending on the desired done-ness.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for The Bonini Burger
Serving Size: 1 (236 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 463.6
- Calories from Fat 262
- Total Fat 29.1 g
- Saturated Fat 10.5 g
- Cholesterol 134.0 mg
- Sodium 546.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 40.8 g