Recipe by rsbonini
A great burger recipe that's been under development for some time, and tastes pretty fantastic at this point. I dislike the texture which comes from using eggs in burgers, so this recipe uses a small amount of bread crumbs to bind everything together instead. The spices and aromatics enhance the flavour of the beef and the mixture of oils adds a wonderful smokiness when the burgers are grilled. Enjoy!
- 1 1⁄4 kg lean ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup breadcrumbs (medium-fine)
- 3 tablespoons Lea & Perrins Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 tablespoons Dr. Pepper cola
- 2 tablespoons bacon grease
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground sage
- 1⁄4 large red onion (chopped finely)
- 1 large garlic clove (minced)
Directions See How It's Made
- 1) Measure out each ingredient and place them all into a large mixing bowl.
- 2) Mix everything together by hand, incorporating all of the ingredients together evenly. Do not overwork the meat.
- 3) Form the mixture into 6 patties about 3/4" in thickness and 4-5" into diameter. This can be done either by hand or with a mold.
- 4) Place them on a tray covered in wax paper and let them set in the fridge for about 15-30 minutes.
- 5) Cook them on a preheated, oiled grill for about 5-10 minutes per side, depending on the desired done-ness.