Prep 30 mins
Cook 35 mins
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup basting teriyaki sauce
- 1⁄2 cup ranch dressing
- 2 (4 ounce) cans sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 ounces bacon bits
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken breasts, and saute 4 mins on each side, until browned.
- Place browned chicken breasts in a 9x13 inch baking dish. Make sure to use teriyaki BASTING sauce! regular teriyaki sauce is too thin!
- Brush on teriyaki sauce, then spoon on salad dressing.
- Spread drained mushrooms over chicken.
- Sprinkle with cheese, green onions and bacon bits.
- Bake for 25-35 mins, or until juices run clear.
This chicken rocks! its my husbands favorite new dish! I made it for friends over the weekend and they Luved it!! its very flavorful! Make sure to use teriyaki BASTING sauce! regular teriyaki sauce is too thin! Thanks Tabbycat!!!
I did this differently, always looking for a shortcut. I browned 6 breasts the laid them in a single layer in the crockpot, put a cup of Teriyaki marinade (couldn't find basting sauce at the store) and then put on the layer of ranch. Cooked about 3 hours on low and in the final 10 minutes covered the top with cheddar cheese. Hmmmmm, it was so delicious and tasted like a meal you would get at a bistro. I can't wait until next time when I will add the onions and mushrooms I just didn't have at the time.
Have made this a few time and we just love it!