Recipe by Member #610488
From a newspaper article that said that supposedly this was The Bombay Club's Eggnog Noel recipe.
- 5 large eggs
- 1 1⁄8 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg, freshly grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1⁄8 cup Bourbon
- 1⁄8 cup brandy
- 3 large egg whites
- nutmeg (garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large, heavy-bottomed saucepan, beat together the eggs and sugar. Stir in the half and half. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture is thick enough to coat a metal spoon with a thin film and reaches at least 160°F Remove from the heat.
- Stir in the cream, nutmeg, vanilla, bourbon and brandy. Cool, then cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Just before serving, beat the egg whites in a large bowl with an electric mixer on high speed until stiff peaks form. Fold them into the eggnog. Serve cold in punch cups and sprinkle with nutmeg.