Recipe by Sassy Sandra
A wonderful harvest Pumpkin Soup - The best we have ever tasted. I got this recipe from "Belle" Magazine. You must try it--it's nothing short of "Amazing".
Top Review by FLKeysJen
This soup is the bomb! It was a bit too sweet for me with the sweetened milk and ripe banana. Next time I will use a less ripe banana. Also Step #5 is unnecessary because you already process the soup to be smooth in Step #3.
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
- 3⁄4 cup carrot, Chopped
- 3⁄4 cup ripe banana, Chopped
- 1 onion, Chopped
- 1 shallot
- 1 garlic clove, Minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 5 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups canned pumpkin
- 3⁄4 cup canned unsweetened coconut milk
- 1⁄4 cup sweetened condensed milk (Eagle Brand)
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 1 pinch coriander
- 1 pinch ground allspice
- 1 pinch yellow curry powder
To Accompany when serving
- roasted hulled pumpkin seeds or roasted peanuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in large, leavy pot over medium-high heat.
- Add carrots and next 6 ingredients and sauté until vegetables are softened, about 10 minutes. Discard bay leaf.
- Transfer mixture to processor and blend until smooth. Return mixture to pot.
- Add stock and all remaining ingredients. Boil soup over medium-high head to blend flavours, about 15 minutes. Cool slightly.
- Working in batches, puree soup in blender until smooth. Return soup to pot. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Bring soup to simmer.
- Divide among serving bowls, and sprinkle with roasted Pumpkin seeds that have been hulled or roasted peanuts.
- This is so very yummy!