Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Turn the "Blue Box" mac & cheese into something a little better. Great lunch or side dish .
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) box macaroni and cheese mix (Kraft's "Family Size")
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk (you may want to add a little more later on)
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 10 ounces frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- salt, if needed, to taste
- Boil the macaroni as directed on package; drain.
- In the empty pot, melt the butter; add milk, contents of cheese sauce mix packet, cubed cream cheese, paprika and pepper. Cook and stir over low heat until smooth and melted.
- Add cooked macaroni and thawed chopped broccoli to sauce; gently stir to evenly coat.
- If desired, add salt and/or more milk.
Good way to dress up the old blue box. I added a bit of red pepper to give it some heat. Thanks for the recipe.