Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
from Cortona, Italy Bed and Breakfast. Fast simple and not too complicated. And Italian... Real Italian..
- 2 1⁄4 lbs spinach
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 14 1⁄8 ounces ricotta cheese
- 7 ounces parmesan cheese, fresh grated
- ground fresh nutmeg
- fresh ground pepper
- Boil the spinach and drain.
- Mix all ingredients well then form small croquettes, similar to gnocchi.
- These can be added to any sauce however they recommend a simple tomato sauce. Add directly to the sauce and boil briefly.
- Note: Start with a little flour and add until you get consistancy.
The taste is delicious, easy to make as well but needed a few tries to get the consistency down. I scaled the recipe down and used double what it called for in flour.