Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
My source for this recipe is the California Egg Commission & I amended it slightly. It's a new favourite for me - a great way to solve the question of "What can I cook for dinner using just what I already have in the fridge?" When you also factor in that it's healthy, hearty & tasty - it becomes an easy choice. It has a unique starting point ... you've just finished making 2 basic omelets (plain or cheese work well). This recipe targets a family of 4, but can be adjusted as needed. For a family, you'll cook 1 kid-size omelet to split in a 9 in non-stick skillet & 1 adult-size omelet to split in a full size skillet. Cook them over low to med heat w/a lid on the skillets till well-set. You may turn them if you like, but do not fold them. Slide them out onto a serving platter or dinner plate so the real recipe can begin ...
For 1 Kid-Sized BLT Omelet to Split
- 1 medium tomatoes (thinly sliced)
- 2⁄3 cup lettuce (shredded)
- 3 slices bacon (cooked fairly crisp)
For 1 Adult-Sized BLT Omelet to Split
- 2 medium tomatoes (thinly sliced)
- 1 1⁄3 cups lettuce (shredded)
- 6 slices bacon (cooked fairly crisp)
- cheddar cheese (shredded) (optional)
- Prepare omelet of choice per description in intro.
- Assemble BLT omelets per ingredients list in the following manner: Arrange sliced tomato on omelet, cover w/shredded lettuce & top w/bacon slices or bacon torn in pieces as desired.
- Cut ea omelet in half to serve. Sprinkle w/shredded cheddar cheese if desired.
Wow, I really liked this. I used the last of the tomatoes from my garden and that made this even more special! I will definitely do this again. Made for football pool 2010.
This omelet made a great easy and tasty breakfast! I love BLT's and this is a great twist on one of my favorite sandwiches. Enjoyed this - thanks for sharing the recipe!
Loved this open-faced omelet.. My boys love eggs and this was a great twist on an old favorite. Thank you for sharing this recipe. I think it would be great for lunch, dinner and Breakfast. Definite keeper. ~V