I love this squash recipe served at the Black-Eyed Pea Restaurant. The recipe was posted in response to a request, but it's been a family favorite ever since it was posted in the local paper years ago. A true Southern favorite.
- Cut the tops off the squash.
- Cut in 3- 4 pieces.
- Boil in water til tender (just a few minutes).
- Drain and mash.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Place in casserole dish.
- Cover with light layer of breadcrumbs.
- Bake at 350 til lightly browned (about 10- 15 minutes).