1/1 Photo of The Black- Eyed Peas Baked Squash
This is one of the many recipes from my grandmothers cookbook. She passed away in May of 2005 and I am recording her wonderful recipes for my family and the many generations that will follow. I hope you enjoy her recipes as much as we do. I have not made each one yet-so cooking time and servings may vary. Blessings from FOURMRANCHWIFE in Texas This one was from a newspaper clipping Nanny had saved- Black Eyed Pea is a restuarant in the South.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut squash and onion in pieces, boil together, then reduce heat until tender.
- 2Drain & mash squash some.
- 3Combine squash,onion, eggs, bread bits, butter,sugar, salt .
- 4Put into a 3 quart dish that has been oiled.
- 5Bake at 350 until lightly browned.
- 6Sometimes I toss in some velveeta - when the kids were small they liked it with the cheese.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for The Black- Eyed Peas Baked Squash
Serving Size: 1 (257 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 191.3
- Calories from Fat 101
- Total Fat 11.3 g
- Saturated Fat 6.3 g
- Cholesterol 66.7 mg
- Sodium 196.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 9.6 g
- Protein 4.8 g