Jakey Bakey's Note:
I wish I could take credit for this recipe, but I found it on a food blogger's site, and she said she got it from the Bouchon Bakery in CA. Suffice to say it is THE best peanut butter cookie I have ever had -- and I'm a real connoisseur. Don't faint when you read the ingredients. YES -- it calls for 4 sticks of butter! Just don't tell people that as they moan with delight, enjoying your peanut buttery creations! It'll be our little secret... Notes: I generally eyeball (not measure) the peanut butter, so I probably use more than 2/3 cup. Use crunchy PB if you like; you can also add some chopped up peanuts at the end if you like REALLY crunchy cookies. The original recipe called for these to be peanut butter sandwich cookies (like homemade nutter butters), but I actually think that sandwiching them with peanut butter icing is overkill because they're SO decadent and big already. But I've included that info in case you want to give it a whirl.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 4 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 cups butter
- 2/3 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
For the PB icing filling
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Mix first 3 ingredients together in a small bowl.
- 3In another bowl, cream butter and peanut butter together.
- 4Add both sugars and mix well.
- 5Add eggs and vanilla to the wet mixture.
- 6Incorporate the flour mixture, then add the oats.
- 7Using an ice cream scoop (yes, THAT big!), place balls of dough 3 inches apart on parchment lined cookie sheets.
- 8Bake about 10 min, or until cookies have spread and edges are just turning golden brown.
- 9Remove from oven and let cool on cookie sheet for 5-10 min before removing to wire rack.
- 10If you're going to make PB cookie sandwiches:.
- 11Mix the three icing ingredients together.
- 12Spread a thin layer on the underside of one cookie.
- 13Sandwich another cookie on top.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for The Biggest and Best Peanut Butter Cookies in the Universe!
Serving Size: 1 (2334 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 483.3
- Calories from Fat 287
- Total Fat 31.9 g
- Saturated Fat 14.7 g
- Cholesterol 68.4 mg
- Sodium 493.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 27.6 g
- Protein 9.0 g