Prep 15 mins
Cook 55 mins
Can serve the whole meatball atop the pasta on a large platter OR you can cut the meatball into wedges and serve on spaghetti with sauce.
- 1 lb ground chuck
- 1⁄2 lb hot Italian sausage or 1⁄2 lb sweet Italian sausage
- 1 cup seasoned dry bread crumb
- 1⁄2 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil (or 2 t. dried)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano (or 1 t. dried)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 3 eggs
- 4 cups homemade marinara sauce (or bottled marinara sauce)
- Preaheat oven to 350°.
- In a big mixing bowl, combine the beef, sausage, bread crumbs, parsley, cheese, basil, oregano, salt, pepper, and eggs (this works best if you use your hands).
- Place the meat in the center of a 13x9 inch baking dish; shape mixture into a smooth rounded dome 3-4 inches high.
- Bake in preheated oven for 35 minutes.
- Spoon or drain off any fat in the dish.
- Pour the marinara sauce over the loaf and bake 20 minutes; let stand 10 minutes.
- Serve meatloaf cut in wedges with about 2/3 cup sauce per serving.
- Left-overs: cut into chunks and reheat in additional marinara sauce; serve spooned into hero or grinder rolls; add a few slices of mozzarella cheese and sauteed green pepper, if you wish.
I don't typically review recipes, but this one was super good. I am about to make it again....