Prep 4 hrs
Cook 10 mins
These are a bake shop quality cookie--- I have never tried it, but I think you could replace the Kahlua for a tablespoon of pure vanilla extract and vanilla chips for chocolate:)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease a foil-lined cookie sheet.
- Sift flour, baking soda and salt.
- Melt butter (don't let it get cool), add Kahlua.
- Add sugars and beat well; add egg yolks, beat until very well blended.
- Mix in flours on low speed until just blended.
- Add vanilla chips or chunks.
- Cover and chill for of 4 hours.
- Drop by very heaping tablespoonfuls onto greased sheet, leaving 3" space between cookie dough.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, (I use a convection oven), or until cookies are brown around the edges and baked to desired doneness.
- Note: Do not store the cookie dough in the freezer for later use, as it will upset the texture).
Thiis is an exceptionally good tasting cookie. I used 1 Tbs. pure vanilla in place of the Kahlua since I wanted a cookie and not candy I used 2/3 cup choc chips and 1/3 cup white choc chips.
Very good, but strong kahlua taste. Will use less next time.
These cookies are amazing, I've come back to these again and again with different variations, I have always just used Kahlua though, never vanilla....Tonight I used half walnuts, half white chocolate, and it's another winner! These are soft and divine! Thanks for another amazing dessert recipe Kittencal!