Recipe by Annacia
This is a quick and easy recipe that has been a hit with the men I have served it to for years but the women like it too. *wink*
Top Review by lazyme
Yum! This was simple and so good. I used Jimmy Dean hot sausage and crumbled it. I also used red bell pepper as that is what I had on hand. Very simple and tasty. Thanks Annacia for sharing the nice keeper. Made for PRMR Tag.
- 1⁄4 lb sausage, cut into 1/2 inch slices, quartered
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 4 cups frozen southern style hash brown potatoes (or your favorite style of hash brown)
- 1⁄4 cup green pepper, chopped
- 3 slices cheese spread, cut in half diagonally (Velveeta)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook sausage in large skillet over medium heat until lightly browned.
- Remove from skillet with slotted spoon.
- Add oil; heat over medium high heat.
- Add hash brown potatoes and green peppers.
- Cover; cook 8 to 10 minutes or to desired crispness.
- Stir in sausage.
- Remove from heat; top with the cheese.