Prep 5 mins
Cook 13 mins
This is a quick and easy recipe that has been a hit with the men I have served it to for years but the women like it too. *wink*
- 1⁄4 lb sausage, cut into 1/2 inch slices, quartered
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 4 cups frozen southern style hash brown potatoes (or your favorite style of hash brown)
- 1⁄4 cup green pepper, chopped
- 3 slices cheese spread, cut in half diagonally (Velveeta)
- Cook sausage in large skillet over medium heat until lightly browned.
- Remove from skillet with slotted spoon.
- Add oil; heat over medium high heat.
- Add hash brown potatoes and green peppers.
- Cover; cook 8 to 10 minutes or to desired crispness.
- Stir in sausage.
- Remove from heat; top with the cheese.
Yum! This was simple and so good. I used Jimmy Dean hot sausage and crumbled it. I also used red bell pepper as that is what I had on hand. Very simple and tasty. Thanks Annacia for sharing the nice keeper. Made for PRMR Tag.
Made this for father's day breakfast for DH. He said you can sure make this again. Skip the quiche's and make this instead. Two DS's that were here loved it also. Skipped the greenpepper per preference and added a bit of cut up ham to the blend. This is actually quite a versatile recipe that you could add/omit most any type of meat/veggie. Excellent. Thanks for posting this recipe Annacia. I tagged for Photoforum 08'.~
4 Stars, very good, DH said it had just enough green pepper to offset the innate pastiness of potatoes, and he liked the chunks of sausage. Melting cheese made it irresistable. Served with an egg fried over easy. Used regular Bob Evans sausage, would add freshly ground pepper next time and would crumble sausage before browning. To reduce the 23 g of fat in the recipe, I will explore baking hash brown potatoes on a PAM-sprayed cookie sheet next time, and will halve the amount of hash browns and cheese to make the sausage and green pepper more "important". Made for Newest Zaar Tag 2008 (April). Thanks for posting, Annacia!