1/2 Photos of The Big Apple French Toast Casserole
1 hr 5 mins
A recipe from Hungrygirl.com that tastes like dessert for breakfast. Packed with fiber and protein. Add 1 or more packets of Splenda for more flavor.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Cut bread into cubes, peel and dice apple.
- 3Spray an 8-inch by 8-inch baking dish with nonstick spray. Place bread cubes evenly along the bottom of the dish.
- 4Sprinkle diced apple evenly over the bread.
- 5In a medium-large bowl, combine all other ingredients (cream cheese, soymilk, egg substitute, syrup, butter, cinnamon, and sweetener). If you like your French toast pretty sweet, add an extra packet of sweetener.
- 6Using a handheld electric mixer set to medium speed, mix until lump-free and smooth. Pour mixture over the bread and apple.
- 7Make sure bread is soaked in the liquid mixture. If needed, toss lightly to coat.
- 8Bake in the oven for about 45 minutes, until egg mixture is pretty firm and cooked through. (Be sure not to overcook, as bread may burn.) Let cool slightly and cut into quarters.
- 9If you like, serve with additional sugar-free syrup for dipping. Dig in!
- 10tip: Make this at night, store it covered in the fridge, and then reheat in the morning.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for The Big Apple French Toast Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (150 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 142.0
- Calories from Fat 39
- Total Fat 4.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 11.0 mg
- Sodium 359.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 9.5 g
- Protein 10.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
light vanilla soymilk