Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is my ABSOLUTE FAVORITE sandwich for lunch!! It is very filling, and very healthy. If you can, add about 1/4 c. alfalfa sprouts and it is even better! (Unfortunately, I haven't been able to get sprouts for a while now:( Make sure you layer the ingredients as they are written, though. If you put the cukes on the bottom, you will end up with a soggy mess. I know it sounds weird, but if you like veggies, you will love this sandwich. It is also good with ham. Give it a try:)
- 2 slices whole wheat bread or 2 slices whole wheat bread
- 1 -2 tablespoon chopped green bell peppers or 1 -2 tablespoon red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1 -2 slice fat-free turkey breast
- 10 -12 slices thinly sliced cucumbers
- 1 -2 leaf romaine lettuce
- prepared yellow mustard (enough to cover top slice of bread)
- salt or Accent seasoning
- ground black pepper
- garlic powder
- Chop onion and green (or red) bell pepper, and sprinkle evenly on one slice of bread.
- Layer turkey breast on top.
- Place cucumber slices on top of turkey (I usually place the slices on paper towels for a few minutes to draw out the moisture, then press with another paper towel on top) Break up lettuce and distribute evenly over cucumbers.
- On the other slice of bread, spread mustard, then sprinkle with salt or Accent, black pepper, and garlic powder; place this slice of bread over the other to make a sandwich.
- Wrap in wax paper, place in fridge, and you will have a healthy, filling sandwich for your lunchbreak tomorrow.
This is how I make my daily lunch! I love turkey and veggies except I add tomato slices and pickles. Sometimes I put ketchup and horseradish as well, dijon mustard instead of yellow. I absolutely love it although my DH doesn't :) Thanks for posting!