This is my ABSOLUTE FAVORITE sandwich for lunch!! It is very filling, and very healthy. If you can, add about 1/4 c. alfalfa sprouts and it is even better! (Unfortunately, I haven't been able to get sprouts for a while now:( Make sure you layer the ingredients as they are written, though. If you put the cukes on the bottom, you will end up with a soggy mess. I know it sounds weird, but if you like veggies, you will love this sandwich. It is also good with ham. Give it a try:)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 slices whole wheat bread or 2 slices whole wheat bread
- 1 -2 tablespoon chopped green bell peppers or 1 -2 tablespoon red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1 -2 slice fat-free turkey breast
- 10 -12 slices thinly sliced cucumbers
- 1 -2 leaf romaine lettuce
- prepared yellow mustard (enough to cover top slice of bread)
- salt or Accent seasoning
- ground black pepper
- garlic powder
- 1Chop onion and green (or red) bell pepper, and sprinkle evenly on one slice of bread.
- 2Layer turkey breast on top.
- 3Place cucumber slices on top of turkey (I usually place the slices on paper towels for a few minutes to draw out the moisture, then press with another paper towel on top) Break up lettuce and distribute evenly over cucumbers.
- 4On the other slice of bread, spread mustard, then sprinkle with salt or Accent, black pepper, and garlic powder; place this slice of bread over the other to make a sandwich.
- 5Wrap in wax paper, place in fridge, and you will have a healthy, filling sandwich for your lunchbreak tomorrow.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for The Bestest Turkey-Veggie Sandwich for Lunches!!
Serving Size: 1 (172 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 158.5
- Calories from Fat 22
- Total Fat 2.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 298.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 6.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: