Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
We have always enjoyed fruit and salads combined with cheese and it just seemed natural to convert this into a delicious summer time (or any time) meal! I finally convinced my best friend to try this for dinner instead of starving to lose weight; she was hooked and lost weight!
- 1 (16 ounce) bag mixed baby lettuces and spring greens
- 1⁄2 pint raspberries (mix & match to your taste or substitue others) or 1⁄2 pint blackberries (mix & match to your taste or substitue others) or 1⁄2 pint strawberries (mix & match to your taste or substitue others) or 1⁄2 pint blueberries (mix & match to your taste or substitue others)
- 1 carrot, shaved
- 1⁄2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup fresh broccoli, chopped
- 1 medium sweet onion, sliced thin
- 2 celery ribs, diced
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese or 1⁄2 cup Mexican blend cheese
- grated parmesan cheese
- Combine all ingredients from the BASIC SALAD
- Add your choice of meat or fish and top with dressing.
- Enjoy a healthy and great tasting meal, you've basically covered the food pyramid!
- to make this a meal:.
- add 4 oz per plate of some cooked marinated chicken or steak, that you have sliced thin (leftovers work wonders) or my personal favorite shrimp and scallops.
- top with a vinaigrette (a great choice would be Briannas blush wine vineaigrette).